The Incrediwear Equine Circulation Hoof Socks are designed to slip on horse’s legs and fit comfortably. Hoof Circulation Socks are created to help prevent injury, accelerate recovery time, and improve performance.
- Passive Recovery – Put the Circulation Hoof Socks on horse’s legs after working, training, or competition to reduce inflammation for recovery and injury prevention.
- Cold Therapy – Simply wet Circulation Hoof Socks and ring out excess water. Cold therapy effectiveness will remain for 45 min up to 1 hour to reduce swelling. For maximum effectiveness, place in hot water for 2 minutes before applying.
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
1. Immediately following working, training or competing with your horse, wet the Circulation Hoof Socks and leave on the horse for 45 minutes up to 1 hour. Circulation Hoof Socks work as an ice pack for 45 minutes up to 1 hour to decrease swelling.
2. Dry Circulation Hoof Socks can be worn for up to 24hrs.
Some conditions amenable to treatment with Incrediwear Equine Circulation Hoof Socks:
- Laminitis – Laminitis is a debilitating disease, particularly in the acute phases. Ice therapy has shown to be beneficial at this stage of the disease. Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be applied wet to reduce laminar inflammation through their “icing” effects. Repeatedly wetting the socks will prolong the icing effect.
- Navicular – With the advent of MRI, “navicular disease” as a term has been replaced with more a accurate description of the pathology involved in most cases of foot lameness. Nevertheless, most conditions associated with the navicular region involve inflammation and would likely benefit from wearing the Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks dry while in the stall.
- Deep Digital Flexor Tendon (DDFT) Lesions– While tendon lesions in the metacarpus and pastern have been diagnosed for years via ultrasound, DDFT lesions in the foot have only been reliably diagnosed with MRI. Treatment may include regenerative therapies, but the most important aspect of the rehabilitation appears to be time off on stall rest. Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be worn during this prolonged period of stall rest.
- “Bad Footed” Horses – By stimulating the blood flow at the coronary band, Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can aid with hoof growth in “bad footed” horses. This might include those with “shelly” feet, slow hoof growth, quarter cracks or contracted heels. Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be worn around the clock in the stall.
- Pastern Injuries – Incrediwear Equine Circulation Socks can be used for any injury to the pastern region. This would include injuries to the straight or oblique sesamoidean ligaments, the DDFT or SDFT branches and the tendon sheath.
Comes in pair of 2 socks